Visit Clare has been created. It consists of:
- Paul Bishop, Acting-Chair, Councillor
- Derek Blake, Clare Walking Group
- Geoffrey Bray, Clare Castle Country Park Trust
- Gary Brown, Clare Community Association
- Nickie Carpenter, Clare in Bloom
- Mary Evans, Suffolk County Councillor
- Margaret Godwin, Councillor
- Karla Greenwood, Clare Library
- Gill Hind, Clare Business Association
- Susan Moore, Clare Business Association
- Bill Perceval-Maxwell, Clare Churches Together
- Alaric Pugh, Borough Councillor
- Peggy Smith, Ancient House Museum
The group, now called Visit Clare has now written a Business Plan which outlines a programme for marketing our area and targets a several measures; this will cover signage, tourist information points, illuminations, website and brand design. It is a Charitable Incorporated Organisation (CIO) supervised by the Charities Commission, independent of the Town Council but including representatives from many of the bodies in Clare. It is preparing a bid to the Leader programme. SEBC and Bury St Edmunds have announced funding to establish a destination marketing organisation (DMO) for ‘Bury St Edmunds & Beyond’; we will endeavour to link our work into theirs, and establish how far their ‘beyond’ extends.
As part of this work, we have conducted a 1-1 survey of the shareholders in the town, business & voluntary organisations.
What is Clare & Beyond?
It is not just about Clare. It may be Suffolk’s smallest town but it has a hinterland of villages and hamlets with their own pleasures. Our guide covers much of the Upper Stour Valley: running clockwise from the north – Denston, Poslingford & Stansfield, Hawkedon, Cavendish, Hartest & Glemsford, Brook Street, Foxearth & the Belchamps, Knowl Green, Ovington & Ashen, Tilbury juxta Clare & Little Yeldham, Great Yeldham, Birdbrook, Ridgewell, Sturmer & Wixoe, Baythorne End & Beyton End, Kedington & Barnardiston, Hundon, Stradishall , Denston & Assington Green – all within 6 miles of Clare.
[This is taken from the foot of our home page.]
Contact: business(Replace this parenthesis with the @ sign)visit-clare.co.uk
2017 © Clare Town Council